Michael R Harpring
Director | JD
The Catholic Universtiy of America – Columbus School of Law: JD, Law
Indiana University – Kelley School of Business: BS, Business
Mike is a Director in our Tax Department at Pile CPAs. As a graduate of the Indiana University Kelley School of Business and The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, he practiced tax and business law for 12 years with a major Indianapolis law firm before joining Pile CPAs as a Director in 2005.
Mike provides tax and consulting services for business transactions, as well as wealth management, estate, individual and corporate tax planning. With a broad background in tax, for profit and tax-exempt organizations and transactional matters, he brings valuable knowledge and expertise to the various business and individual planning and implementation needs of his clients.
Mike is a published legal author and makes presentations on various topics including estate planning, succession planning, identity theft and tax matters. He was a finalist in the 2009 Indy’s Best and Brightest awards program sponsored by Junior Achievement of Central Indiana.
In addition to assisting clients, Mike also enjoys being actively involved in his church, Charitable Gift Planners Indiana, Inc., Indy Runners, Inc., Cathedral Highschool, and the Downtown Kiwanis Club. He enjoys long distance running, half marathons being his favorite.
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association (Indiana Attorney #I 6736-49)
- State Bar of Michigan (Michigan Attorney #P78I45)
- American Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Indianapolis, Inc.
- Charitable Gift Planners Indiana – Treasurer (2012-Present)
- Indy Runners, Inc., General Counsel – Member Board of Directors (2012-Present)
- Cathedral High School – Planned Giving Task Force (2017)
- Downtown Indianapolis Kiwanis Club – Former Member Board of Directors
- St. Monica Catholic Church
- Kairos Prison Ministry
5:00 AM I’m refreshed and the world is still asleep.
- Coffee or Tea?
- Columbus, IN
- Favorite Vacation / Travel Spot
- St. Simons Island, GA