Michael S Winslow
Director | CPA, PFS, CGMA
Ball State University – Miller College of Business: BS, Accounting
Mike is Director of General Services for Pile CPAs and has over 30 years of experience in public accounting. He has a passion for helping clients grow and achieve powerful results. In addition to being a CPA, Mike has passed the FINRA Series 65 exam and holds the AICPA’s Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) credential. During 2013, he completed testing and accreditation as a tax credit specialist.
Mike’s primary focus is closely-held and family businesses providing a variety of experience including financial and tax planning, business acquisitions, site selection, succession planning, and bank financing arrangements. He also co-manages Pile Wealth Management, providing comprehensive investment services to individual, institutional and benefit plan clients.
Mike has served as a mentor with the Ewing Kaufmann Foundation’s FastTrak program, helping entrepreneurs organize their ideas into formal business plans.
Mike is actively engaged in various community projects: the Ministry Leadership & Finance teams of Emmanuel Church Greenwood, Banta and Franklin; various community youth programs; Aspire Johnson County; the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club of Downtown Indianapolis. In his spare time Mike enjoys reading, writing, white water rafting, snow skiing, and spending time with family and friends.
- Indiana CPA Society
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- AICPA Personal Financial Specialist Section
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Institute of Management Accountants
- National Association of Housing Management
- Leadership Team and Finance Team – Emmanuel Church of Greenwood, Banta and Franklin
- Small Business Council and Health Care Committee – Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member – Rotary Club of Downtown Indianapolis
- Sponsor – Aspire Johnson County
- Board Member and Treasurer – Peace Learning Center
- Board Member – Play Ball Indiana/Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI)
- Past President and Board Member – Entrepreneur Alliance of Indiana
Took Accounting I and II in high school. It came naturally for me. A friend’s dad at the time was a CPA and I admired their lifestyle.
My wife, my children, and a job well done.
Farm hand: bailing straw and hay, cleaning out livestock stalls, driving a truck around the farm at 14 years of age.
Get a psychology minor to complement your technical degree… this profession is much more about people than numbers.
Front-office management for a major league baseball team. CPA work is a gift… baseball is a passion. I have a knack for identifying and assembling talent.
Listening to music, good food and time with friends.
Making partner. It is extremely humbling and gratifying to work so hard for so long, and to have your seniors recognize and invite you into their group.
Keep it clean… somebody is always watching everything you do.
“You can’t go back and change the beginning; but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
- Coffee or Tea?
- Favorite Food
- Favorite Vacation / Travel Spot
- Favorite Song
- Where The Streets Have No Name (U2)
- Last Vacation
- Lake Dillon, CO
- Favorite Movie
- Christmas Vacation
- Favorite Color
- Favorite Band